Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dead Friends, Polka Dots, Birthday Acquisitions


These are THREE THINGS I LOVE RIGHT NOW:


1. All My Friends Are Dead. A hilarious book by Avery Monsen and Jory John.






2. Polka Dots. In black and white, they're sorta like a neutral. At least they are in my brain:


Essential Cardigan: From Target. Beware; this one's worth getting based on cuteness, but it's not the bestest in quality.

Mullany Dress: From Anthropologie (shown above.) I have something similar, except it's black with white dots, from a past Banana Republic collection. Style Tip: Polka dotsy clothes always look fun (and less Minnie Mousey) when paired with brightly colored solids (like my favorite cardis from Nordstrom.)






3. Birthday Acquisitions (thanks to generous family gift-givers, I was able to add two more deliciously girly dresses to my collection this week):

Chromatic Canvas Shirtdress: From Anthropologie. I found it runs a teensy bit smallish.


Cookout Queen Dress. From Modcloth. This one has a secret stretchiness to the back waist, which is perfect for comfying-up during those food-filled, boa constrictoresque tummy moments.