Thursday, July 5, 2012

Style Muse: Sally Field as Gidget









*Photos via Flickr*

Pretty much nobody's cuter than Sally Field's TV version of Gidget (OK, maybe it's a tie with Hayley Mills' anything version of anyone...But still!)  Growing up, Gidget was one of my favorite TV shows to watch reruns of, and if you haven't seen it, I feel very sorry for you. There was a 4th of July marathon yesterday, and the nerd in me is not at all ashamed to say that it sort of made my YEAR!  As for being a style muse, it should be noted that both Sally Field's Gidget and Sandra Dee's movie version are both super sweet. But... when it comes to wardrobes, I'd choose Sally's in a heartbeat:  lots and lots of bows, dresses, sweaters, and especially-darling collars. It's 100% beachy, happy, lovely perfection!

2 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG what fun! She was so adorable.

Arielle-HumblePieVintage said...

I love Sally Field! Her style in Gidget is so cute. She's aged so well too.