"Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature." ~Lynn Holland
These little leafy ladies make supersweet giftlets. They're lottsa fun for dramatic play, and can be easily transformed into tree ornaments, garlands, or even cake toppers. These are easy enough for older kids to make on their own, while littler (less skillsy-fingered) kidlets can help with the design (which is a great opportunity to discuss colors, textures, sizes, shapes, and concepts like "same," and "different.")
Here's What You Need:
Clothespins (the oldfashionedy, round-topped-peg kind)
Four Leaves (from the craft store)
Adhesive (glue gun for adults, tacky glue for kids)
Here's What You Do:
1. Draw a face on the round-top, and shoes at the bottom clip area.
2. Draw a shirt (a heart shape works nicely.)
3. Choose two small matching leaves for the skirt, two larger matching leaves for wings.
4. Glue the skirt leaves on (one on the front, one on the back.)
5. Glue the wings on the back (one on the left, one on the right.)
6. Let dry.
7. Imagine, Pretend, Repeat..
"If we opened our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side. We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower. "~Samuel Smiles