Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fancy Fun Fairy Homes






I've been researching fairies & gnomes & things in hopes of integrating a little whimsical woodland forklore into my upcoming nature curriculum (don't you wish part of your job was researching fairies & gnomes & things?...) I'm thinking get-girly-hands-dirty activities, like fairy house building, with found leaves, flowers, seeds, shells, twigs, etc. There's a great website with all sorts of helpful, inspirational ideas, books, and photos (like the lovely ones shown here.) Besides connecting with nature, loose parts projects like these are great for building imagination, creativity, and motor skills, and seem to be enjoyed by ittybittys and older kids, too. Admit it... don't you want to make one of your own?






6 comments:

RedTedArt said...

Oh my this is lovely lovely lovely! We are definitely going to make a fairy house this summer! Wonderful!

Thank you for sharing it with us at Kids Get Crafty!!

Maggy

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

How sweet! I would love if you would link this activity up to my Made by Little Hands Monday linky part!!
Thanks so much!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hello from We Teach!

Such a pretty idea. I think I will wait a year to this with my daughter, who is only 2. It is a great idea. I'm putting it in my mind bank.

RainbowsWithinReach said...

What fun.
Makes me want to start a story.... as we now have the perfect setting.

Popping thru from WeTeach.

Unknown said...

This is so lovely, and such sweet pictures, too!

Would love for you to come link this up to the Outdoor Play linky!

Isa said...

It definately is gorgeous! I'll leave for when my daughter understands what fairies are:)

Kiss