Thursday, October 28, 2010

Little Stinkers: Baby Animal Cuteness

Sweet little baby critters visit my Preschool in Nature Class about 3 times a year. One of my friends is a licensed wildlife rescuer who specializes in fostering abandoned baby skunks, opossums, and raccoons until they're old enough to be released back into the wild. Feast your eyes on the most recent adorableness:




Skunky Facts For Knowing And Sharing:
* Skunk spray can travel up to 10 feet.
* Skunks are omnivores.
* Skunks typically live for about 3 years in the wild.
* Before spraying, a polite skunk will often stomp her feet or shake her head as a final warning.


More Skunktasticness:




My Favorite Skunkcentric Kidlet Book:


The Little Skunk (Movement) Song:
"Little skunk,
little skunk,
swish your bushy ta-il.
Little skunk,
little skunk,
swish your bushy tail.

You stomp your feet,
shake your head "no,"
I know that means that I must go!

Little skunk,
little skunk,
swish your bushy ta-il.
Little skunk,
little skunk,
swish your bushy tail!"



4 comments:

KJ said...

Oh that is cool!! My son would have LOVED to see a REAL skunk... or what he likes to call "stunk!" I'm coming from Homeschool Creations link up.

Unknown said...

Skunks are not my favorite animal. Your post made them look great. Maybe I need to rethink what I think about them.

Please stop by and link this post to Read.Explore.Learn.

Unknown said...

The little skunk video was just so gorgeous I just had to show my children because we are reading Thornton Burgess Animal adventures and of course they just love Jimmy Skunk, we have never seen one in real life and now my little boys would love to have one. We take on many street dogs, cats and horses. I love to care for them all. Our two little street dogs we have now are real characters. A little kitten we got the other day had lost her tail and her entire behind was eaten away by maggots, we had her for a few days but she died yesterday:(

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Skunks are adorable! Well, on my computer screen they are adorable. :D