Thursday, April 15, 2010

Calling All Kidlets: The Great TV Rebellion



April 22 is Earth Day, and the Biomimicry Institute is sponsoring a wonderful week filled with greenish fun for kidlets. There's a fantastic, free activity workbook for teachers & parents, and a free companion Nature Journal for kids. Kids can also take the TV Rebellion pledge (complete with an official color-in-able certificate.) There are three animaly rebel levels:


1) Eagle TV Rebel: I will turn off my TV and electronic devices for Earth Week (April 19-25), go outside to experience nature, and complete each activity in my Nature Journal.

2) Fox TV Rebel: I will turn off my TV and electronic devices for Earth Week (April 19-25) and explore nature while the sun is out, then keep them off all day on Earth Day (April 22).

3) Rabbit TV Rebel: I will turn the TV off for all of Earth Day (April 22) and play outside in the natural world.


Download your materials now, and prep for an upcoming fun-filled week of Earthy exploration.

No comments: