This is such a fun, bright, colorful book! It's been a favorite of kidlets for generations now. And The Masked Mommy has come up with an adorable snacky tie-in: a muffin tin meal with "caterpillar munched" finger foods. Look how she made clever little caterpillar holes! Visit her site for all the creative details :)
Looking for more tie-ins? Take a peek at the author Eric Carl's site, which is filled with all sorts of fun teacher resources, activity ideas, and worksheets (most are especially suited for kinders.)
Other fun things to try:
* Create a fuzzy clothespin caterpillar craft (from Skip to My Lou)* ...Or a classic egg carton caterpillar (from dltk kids)
* ...Or a fingerprint critter (from kiddio.)
* Decorate some wearable wings (from Oriental Trading Co.)
* Whip up some easy coffee filter butterfly art.
* Sip nectar through a straw (the way a butterfly uses her proboscis.)* Design a shrinky dink story bracelet (like this one, from Serendipity.)
Yay for caterpillars, yay for butterflies, yay for snacks!