Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feathered Friends, Tiny Treasures, Girly Songs



THESE ARE THREE THINGS I LOVE RIGHT NOW:

1. PERSON: Abby Glassenberg. Abby makes these incredible soft sculpture birds, and she has a show this month (all the way in Atlanta!) Lucky for nonGeorgians, she also has an etsy store.








2. PLACE: The Dollar Bin @ Rite Aid. Yes, Rite Aid has a dollar bin. I knew about Michaels, and Target... but only recently discovered Rite Aid's little cheapy treasure trove. This week I bought a tiny, travel-size pumice stone. I know... that's not exactly exciting, but I'd been looking for one for forever... for cleaning. I live in possibly the world's oldest building ever, and lots of calcium limestuff accumulates on our faucets & things. If you're creeped out by harsh chemical cleaners/remover stuff, all you have to do is gently scrub away the buildup with a pumice stone. My little pumice stone is itsybitsy, and designed much like a toothbrush (perfect for small crevices, handles, etc.) Seriously. It works better than all the stinky, scary, eye-burning, skin-itching chemicals... better than scrubby sponges, and even better than that sonic battery-powered brush thingy from the TV commercials. Try it. No kidding. It's like magic. The genius of nature... astonishing!








3. THING: My Sleepy Girly Songs Playlist: Lately I've been playing Kate Walsh songs overandoverandover like some sort of obsessed stalker. My veryveryfavorite song of hers is Animals on Fire (off her Clocktower Park album), but I couldn't find a link anywhere to share (boo!)

Here's Your Song, instead (mp3 via The Late Greats blog.)



I've also been listening lots to Lily Frost. She does the Being Erica tv show theme song, which is supersweet and pretty (click the link to listen.) Here's one of her odd little videos (not so supersweet and pretty... more darklyquirkycool?...)





So anyways, those are my three things I love right now for this week. If you have a blog, maybe you'll want to try sharing three weekly things, too... then there'll be six happy things, then nine, then... maybe one week...2,400!

No comments: