Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Hearts Mini Makeovers


This is maybe the cutest idea ever (and it's simple, too!) Organic kids clothing designer Sarah Waldo came up with a five-minute secret for transforming everyday button-up shirts into celebratory, Valentinesish duds! You simply cut out little felt hearts, put a tiny slit down the middle, and slide them over the shirt buttons. Visit Sarah's wonderful Going Starfishing blog for easy, step-by-step instructions, and even more great, planet-friendly ideas, too :)


Speaking of Valentinesy festive fashions... I taught a kinder class today and one of the little girls had her hair braided... into a heart. I didn't have my camera, but a photo of the exact same hairstyle is on The Story of A Princess And Her Hair (along with do-it-yourself, copycat instructions.) I wish I was coordinated enough to do it to my own head! SO adorable... be sure to take a peek :)

No comments: