Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Baby Animals Preschool Song


This circle time song is supersimple for kids to catch on to, and when accompanied by felt letters, it's also a fun-sneaky way to help teach letter recognition, too. Just point to each letter as you sing it :)


M-O-M-M-Y (sing to the tune of B-I-N-G-O):

"There's someone who I love a lot
And Mommy is her name-o
M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
and Mommy is her name-o"


Animals Connection: To avoid my own personal boredom since the children like to sing this song multiple times (and to make things more nature-related), I insert animals into the song, and use pairs of little mom & baby animal felt critters ("there's someone turtle loves a lot...") I put the mom critters on the feltboard, and hand out the smaller-sized babies to the kids so when they hear their animal called, they can match up the moms & babies on the board.